Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The not so frozen tundra....of Lambeau Field

It gives me great pleasure to create this post. There are a handful of stadiums in professional sports that carry a certain level of historical awesomeness to them, and I have gotten to photograph at two of them this past year. First, was my trip to Fenway Park in Boston. This time, I went to Lambeau Field in Green Bay. As a sports fanatic, I just want to see and experience everything I possibly can. A year ago, I thought it would only be a dream of mine to be able to photograph a game at Lambeau Field, and a couple weeks ago, that actually happened!

It was such a cool feeling to be on that field with all the history.....and the best team in football. And, living in Baltimore, you wouldn't think this next thing is true, but I've now photographed the Packers 3 times, which is equal to the amount of times I've photographed the Ravens. And, those two teams are tied for the most frequently photographed teams by me. Ok...enough nerdiness.

To the images. Just a few notes.

Number 4: Clay Matthews is awesome....but he's also a tool.
Number 5: We weren't really sure if the photographers were allowed on the field during intros. By the looks of Spags there, it appears he was not thrilled that me and a few other photographers were 'in the way.' Oh well. :)
Number 15: My first Lambeau Leap! Ehhhh........not great. He was on the other side of the field, of course, and I had a dancing plethora of other media members blocking the rest of the frame. Maybe next time.....??
Number 20: Lambeau Leap number 2. Not much better. Haha. I was approximately 125 yards away from Jordy Nelson for this photo. Not ideal. Nelson actually caught a 93 yard touchdown on this play, and since I was trying to photograph some Rams defensive players, I thought, "now would be a good time to get some tight shots of the Rams players, while they're so close to the back end zone." Thanks Aaron Rodgers for being better than everybody at football! Forced me to get terrible pictures of a big play! :)
Number 21: You Packer fans are crazy.
Number 32: He puts the team on his back, do.
Number 37: I'm pretty sure it's illegal to step on another players neck. Let me check the rules.
Number 41: Nobody made the catch. :(
Number 42: Ummm....somehow the Rams actually caught that pass. Probably the cleanest shot I've ever gotten of a wide receiver, and it bounced right off his hands.
Number 47: Best smile in the NFL.

Oh....and the Packers decided to wear their throwbacks which made my editor.....let's say, less than thrilled. I was hoping I could coax him to send me to another Packers game, but no dice.....yet! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment