Monday, October 24, 2011

First Time in New York...

Well, my goal in life (right now, anyway) is to photograph all major professional teams in every single venue. I got to add two more teams and one more venue to my accomplishments a couple weeks ago when the Seattle Seahawks came across the country and took down the New York Giants. First off, that stadium is incredible. It's perfectly designed inside and outside and made a potentially daunting task of getting in and out of the stadium, almost pleasant! New York is known for it's historically terrible traffic, and I thought, "man, it takes forever to get in and out of FedEx Field.....it's gonna take even longer to get in and out of here!" But....that just goes to show you that the people who run the New York franchises are a little...shall we say....better than the people who run the DC franchises. Just saying. Plus, I have never seen a larger photographer's wookroom. It had it's own set of bathrooms and people serving us breakfast before the game and lunch at halftime and at the end of the game. That's the way every stadium should be!

Anyway, to the game....

It was a pretty exciting game from start to finish, which is always good. I didn't like that they wouldn't let photographers get between the hash marks in the back of the end zone. That was irritating because there is soooo much media there, you really need that space. I would hate to have to work a super bowl or something like that there with those rules. Anyway, my only real note would be the catch that Victor Cruz made. Just an absolutely amazing catch, and if you saw the original tv angle, and you happened to see the photographer kneeling right behind him when he finally got control of the ball, then you saw me! Haha. I was the only person set up in that spot, and when the play happened, I felt like I had gotten the images, and they were in focus, but I was so blown away by how awesome that catch was, and the fact that it happened right in front of me, that I didn't want to look at the sequence until later. If those images were out of focus or something, I would have been livid and thrown things at people. But, I got some good shots and my boss made it a point to compliment me on that sequence, so life is good! Enjoy the rest of the images!

No comments:

Post a Comment