Sunday, April 3, 2011

Summer is on the way...

A nice little kick off to the baseball season for me today. I photographed (professionally) my first Nationals game and I was pretty pleased with the success. Most of the baseball games I've done so far have let me down in one way or another. Either, they were very low scoring with no action, or they just had no action. And, maybe I missed a little action here or there....but we won't mention that. This game between the Braves and Nationals started out the same way for about 4 innings, and then things started to happen. I was able to grab some nice shots of Ryan Zimmerman and Dan Uggla. Two of the main guys I was sent there for, so I'm feeling good about the season by today's start. I made Jason Heyward a little angry, by getting a little too close to him while I was shooting with the fisheye lens. Ooops. I made a joke to Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez though, and he joked back which was pretty cool. I get a kick out of that stuff. I also got a kick out of the 'Strasburg' jersey that guy was wearing. The photo that's next to it, makes it really look like the Nats are trying EVERYTHING to find a replacement for Strasburg!

All in all, I had beautiful weather, got some good photos, and started my week that will include 4 MLB games. I'll be posting more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment