Thursday, March 31, 2011

Face Off Classic

After a little misunderstanding between me and my dropbox account, I can now access my slideshows again! I was going to post this about two weeks ago, but, it's better late than never.

Busy couple of weeks has slowed down my once eager aspirations of updating the blog more regularly. Well....this is just a large post to compensate for my 'lack' of gumption, if you will. One of my favorite days of the year is when I get to photograph my first lacrosse game. This year, my first lax entree came with two sides (too corny? Ok.). First up was number one ranked Syracuse vs Georgetown. The 'Cuse has an impressive team this year, and they came out of the gates rolling on all cylinders. Just when you thought they could put the game away early, the Hoyas came back with a couple quick goals and made it a really great game. Final score was 9-8, and was eerily similar to last year's FOC opener. The second game was Cornell and Virginia, and one of the goals from that game was actually #2 on ESPN's top plays. One of the Bratton boys made an incredible behind the head shot for a goal to lead the Wahoos to a nice 11-9 victory. The shot wasn't exactly the most photogenic play in sports, so there is no photographic evidence in the slideshow, but you can take my word for it. Finally, the last game featured Hopkins and UMBC, and you kinda had to feel a little bad for the Retrievers in this one. I heard that they have 14 freshman on their team this year and they will experience some growing pains because of that. A lot of knowledgable folks seem to think that Hopkins is overrated this year because....well....they're Hopkins. But, they certainly looked like a top 10 team (they're #11 right now), after scoring 5 seconds into the game, and not really stopping the rest of the way in the 16-5 win.

A couple of interesting shots were captured on this day. I wasn't too thrilled with the color of those Syracuse uniforms though. They just seemed to go nuclear and lose a certain amount of detail that drives me crazy. I did have to thank the guy for standing in the back of my shot when the Hoyas were coming out of the tunnel. He really made that shot an award winner. In the Cornell/Virginia game, there is an image of some guys messing with the net. That's because somebody fired a shot so hard, it actually ripped a hole right through it. Never seen that before! Feel free to comment about anything else that catches your eye....









No comments:

Post a Comment