Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm thankful for...

On this wonderful Thanksgiving Day, like every other, you will inevitably be asked one question. "What are you thankful for this year?"

Of course, everybody LOVES to go around the dinner table, especially with people they barely know (sometimes) and say something very cheesy....like, 'family' or something. Ha!

What I'm thankful for, is the fact that my job sometimes doesn't feel like a job. That's the whole reason I got into photography, and I hope it stays like this. When I photograph a sporting event, it's not work to me. Especially when I have an all expenses paid trip to Minneapolis! The only thing that would make something like this better, would be decent lighting! The dome was torture. Apparently it's about a full stop brighter when the sun is out, but the day I photographed in there, it was severely overcast and gross outside. Add on to that, that I was having focus issues with one camera, and a shutter that was acting like a little baby because of the temperature, and it definitely made it difficult to get solid images. I tried. This is what I came up with.

By the way...the guy in #3 got his wish the next day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment