Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Well, I haven't posted a blog since Thanksgiving, and I wanted to show a little of what I've done since then. In this slideshow, there are photos from several different shoots. First is a basketball game that produced a slightly more difficult challenge than most. I was requested to make sure I get photos of the student section, which they dubbed the "Bird Cage." See if you can find Creepy Blue Santa, in said Bird Cage. But the challenge came in lighting the situation. I only had access to two flashes and the lighting in the gym was disgusting (hence the reason the one photo is in b&w). Accompany that, with the fact that this was a rivalry game with a packed gym, and there were limited spots to set up my lights. I chose to go with one light stand (don't yell at me, Ryan), and clamp a flash below the regularly mounted flash, and point one at the court and the other at the student section, which was located directly behind the basket. Fun stuff. By the way.....frame number 1.......that's cheating.

Second, is from an engagement session I did, down in Brewer's Hill in Baltimore. It was cold, but they were troopers! After that is a student/faculty basketball game. #17 just caught my eye because that's two different basketballs. Somebody else shot the higher one, and it just looked like a digital enhancement to me. I was still testing exposures when I shot this, so it's not the best exposure in the world, but I wanted to include the shot. Next is from a hockey game at the Garden's Ice House in Laurel. Pretty self explanatory. And, finally there are a few shots from a holiday concert. I think I encountered a fake santa in #33...

As always, comments are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment